01. When you're enjoying a picnic in the middle of the Dutch countryside and a teenager rides her bike up to you and says, "I have just one question for you. You have secret for me?" here's a hint. She is not, as I initially assumed, just a Dutch youth partaking in a midday scavenger hunt and asking if you have a clue for her. She's actually asking you if you have a CEEG-a-rette. It's a mistake anyone could have made.
02. We got rid of our cable a few months ago, and it's only on trips to the gym that I get to experience the important lessons channels like E! and Bravo can teach us. Lessons like, How dare I bemoan my life when poor, sweet Kendall Jenner is left in a bind because both Drake and Lil Wayne are on tour and unable to perform at her sweet 16??
03. When we got the Sunday New York Times, I saved 6 months worth of issues to use for packing breakables. Next time, I won't save the 9/11 anniversary issue. I just had a really depressing afternoon of wrapping plates.
04. Y has officially been watching too many TV dramas (Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Fringe) to enjoy a comedy. We're catching up on New Girl, and in one episode Jess has an older boyfriend who is playing a drinking game that involves standing on a chair. Y, in his serious plot prediction voice, said "Ah. He's going to fall and die." Because that's the kind of thing that happens in Fox comedies.
05. The morning you forget to brush your teeth will OBVIOUSLY be the morning that four dentists surprise you with a going away brunch.
Now go read Joy's weekend lessons. Prepare to be insanely jealous of where she lives! If you made a list, leave me a link in the comments so I can see!
If you follow me on twitter and/or instagram (werejustdandy), you may have noticed that Y and I just got back from Holland! We had a great time (I'm ready to turn around and go back) and I'll share more about our trip soon.